“If you enjoy nutella, you'll love this homemade version. There's a pronounced chocolate flavor with rich, deep hazelnut notes that makes a wonderful spread on toast, croissants, or .” Kevin
· Preheat oven to 400°F.
· 1 ½ cup whole hazelnuts
· On a rimmed baking, toast hazelnuts at 400°F until fragrant and skins being to pop, about 10 minutes.
· Place a towel in a small bowl. Pour nuts into the towel and gather the ends of the towel to form a small sack. Using your hands, rub the towel vigorously to remove the skins from the hazelnuts. Transfer skinned hazelnuts to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade.
· Grind nuts in food processor, stopping to scrap down as necessary. At first the ground nuts will appear dry and crumbly. Keep grinding until they have formed a smooth, creamy butter much like natural peanut butter, about 5 to 8 minutes.
· 1 ½ cups whole milk
· ¾ cup powdered milk
· 1 tablespoon honey
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· In a small saucepan, whisk together milk, powdered milk, honey, and salt until incorporated. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes just to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
· 1 cup semisweet chocolate chip
· 1 cup milk chocolate chip
· In a double boiler (or a small glass dish set over a saucepan with simmering water), melt semisweet and milk chocolate. Stir with a spatula until smooth.
· Pour melted chocolate into food processor with ground hazelnuts and process to combine.
· reserved milk mixture
· Add reserved milk mixture to food processor and process to combine, about 30 seconds.
· If desired, strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove any remaining bits of hazelnuts for a smoother spread. (I happen to like the nutty texture and added flavor that it imparts, so I skip this step.)
· Using a funnel, transfer mixture into glass jars. Seal with a tight fitting lid and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to let mixture set.
· Once set, your homemade nutella is ready to use. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
· Read more and enjoy this amazing recipe and many more when visiting makebetterfood